How to Play Five Card Stud Poker
Back in the time of cowboys and outlaws, five card stud poker was being played in West saloons and is the original form of poker. Five card stud poker is not as popular as it was during the American Civil War but it is still a poker variation to learn as it forms the basis for so many other games.
Here is how to play five card stud poker by http://www.playcasino.co.za/
Five Card Stud Poker
- Each player is first dealt one card that is face down and one card that is face up.
- There are two options for the first bet. The first option is a forced bet or a bring in where the player with the lowest face up card will need to put in a certain amount. The second option is where there is no forced bet and the first choice of whether to bet or check will go to the player that has the highest face up card. If there are two players that have the same face up card then the player that is first clockwise from the dealer will get the first option.
- Once the round of betting is complete, each player will receive another card that is dealt face up.
- The player now that has the highest hand showing will get to bet first.
- After each round of betting the players that remain will be dealt another face up card until each player has received four cards face up. Once the fourth face up card has been dealt, there is a final betting round. The players will then reveal their face down or hole card to reveal their entire five card poker hand.
- The winner is the player that has the highest hand.
In order to play five card stud poker you will need:
- Two to ten players
- A deck of cards and
- Poker chips.